Awkward Finding Nemo moment when teen flushes pet fish down toilet – but it starts swimming as it disappears

A teen got the shock of her life when she was cleaning out her fish and it seemed to die – only to be revived as she FLUSHED it down the toilet.

Brooke Essick’s terrible luck was captured on camera by her friend Macy Carmichael and it’s gone viral, with many comparing what happened her to the plot of Finding Nemo.

It all started as Brooke was cleaning out her goldfish Dane’s bowl as the water looked a little dirty.

But when she put him in the fresh bowl, he swam for a second or two before he "stopped dead".

“We were in shock because we thought he was for sure dead,” Brooke told Buzzfeed .



Girl’s fish pulls “Finding Nemo” Move On Her And Everyone Is Screaming
Dane is seen in his new bowl stopping dead about mere seconds

“We thought the water was too hot.”

Two minutes on and no movement, Brooke sadly decided to flush Dane down the loo.

Cue Dane starting to swim and move in the toilet bowl as normal.

But his sudden revival came too late, as Brooke had already hit the flush.



Girl's fish pulls a "Finding Nemo" Move On Her And Everyone Is Screaming
The fish is shown in the bowl on camera – and suddenly starts to swim

In the video she screams" “He was swimming! He was swimming!" as she and her friend shriek in shock.

The clip has had more than 7,500 retweets and more than 9,900 likes on Twitter.



Girl’s fish pulls “Finding Nemo” Move On Her And Everyone Is Screaming
Macy Carmichael starts screaming when she realises Dane was alive

Although many of those who watched the video said it was just like the part in Finding Nemo when the jolly little clownfish escapes his tank only to get wash down the toilet, some felt that Brooke’s move was animal cruelty .

She has defended herself, explaining that it was a genuine error, and adding that she is "probably the biggest animal lover".



Finding Nemo
Finding Nemo saw a very similar incident unfold onscreen

She added: "Dane… lived a long, happy life and we love and miss him."

The incident probably occurred because of Dane’s sensitive to pH and ammonia levels in their water, and that Dane was probably “in shock” when he was placed in the new water.

Leave a Comment